WadzPay is a FinTech startup developing a digital currency payments platform that leverages Blockchain technology. We aim to drive financial inclusion and improve the lives of underbanked and unbanked consumers and merchants while leading the charge in the digital payments revolution.
Do you like helping customers solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest Web, Mobile, BlockChain, cloud computing technologies?
Do you have a knack for helping companies understand infrastructure & application architectures including the integration approaches?
Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Wadzpay as a leading Payment Solution platform?
As a Solution Architect within Wadzpay, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver cutting edge payment solutions with latest technology stacks.
The ideal candidate will possess customer-facing skills that will allow him/her to represent Wadzpay well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables him/her to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Define, design, develop and support the architecture of the Wadzpay products
- Collaborate with department heads, peer architects, Software Engineers, Business Development Team, Product Management, and other technical and non-technical stakeholders in the current product development process
- Formulate and communicate technical vision and strategy to business and technical stakeholders
- Create and improve software using the design patterns, refactoring and development best practices
- Create database queries and scripts for multiple database engines (Oracle and SQL Server)
- Mentor development teams around sound design and coding practices
- Participate in Project planning and Estimation
- Prepare the architectural document artefacts
- Execute architectural design spikes
- Evaluate third party software products used in the solution as needed
- Create required POCs
- Conduct code, design and architectural reviews
- Study the industry and create the comparison document and pro and cons of various
- Serve as a key technical member of the Product Engineering team in helping to ensure Product Success in building applications and services.
- Own each technical engagement and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
- Understand the Wadzpay market segments, customer base, and industry verticals. KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in Java/Microsoft/Python stack and Unit testing framework
- Experience using UML modeling and diagramming tools like Enterprise Architect, MS Visio
- Experience in responsive User Interface Development for the web desktop and mobile devices
- Experience using Messaging using MSMQ, SOA using REST, SOAP RPC, HTTP, TCP IP, UDP Protocols
- Experience using Oracle and SQL Server
- Familiarity in use of distributed caching solutions and products
- Familiarity with Open-Source libraries like Unity IoC, Auto mapper, Enterprise Library
- Experience with database performance troubleshooting for Oracle and/or SQL Server is desired
- Good written and oral communication/presentation skills
- Out of the box thinking and creative problem-solving skills is desired
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess 14+ years of current solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience
- Experience architecting Product and Infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix, Windows and Mobile Environments in JAVA/Microsoft Technologies with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
- Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers.
- Experience in Coding, Application Development in Java/Microsoft Technologies, scripting highly preferred. Hands-on experience (or at least working knowledge) with Programing languages like Java, C#, Python etc.
- Knowledge or experience in the Big Data space as well as Databases (RDMS or NoSQL).
- Experience working within the Enterprise software market or Internet industries. Enterprise application and database architecture.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT.F