IT Administrator-Firewall, Network & Infrastructure Admin
WadzPay is a FinTech startup developing a digital currency payments platform that leverages Blockchain technology. We aim to drive financial inclusion and improve the lives of underbanked and unbanked consumers and merchants while leading the charge in the digital payments’ revolution, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people.
We are looking for an IT Systems, Firewall, Network & Infrastructure Admin to maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data & voice communications network. The ideal candidate needs to be capable to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth IT operation.
To be successful as a IT Administrator you should have positive energy and never get tired of learning as we are in an ever changing and growing space. Your strength must be communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener because one without the other will not get us far. You take candid feedback in your stride and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
You can pivot on the fly, be adaptable and are a go getter with a “can do” attitude. Every problem or hurdle for you is the next step to evolution and growth.
Includes the below but not limited to:
- Responsible for network designing and implementation, project management.
- Fully support, configure, maintain, upgrade networks, servers, firewalls and other
- IT communications systems, hardware and related software.
- Installation and maintenance of security and telecommunication systems and networks.
- Installing and integrating new IT hardware and applications.
- Managing the IT infra and coordinate with other departments for the business requirements.
- Configuring, managing and maintaining network Equipment, Network processing, centralized and distributive network connection. Installing, configuring, and administering network technologies.
- Knowledge on voice and data (Cross domain Knowledge).
- Fully support, configure, maintain, and upgrade networks and in-house servers, firewall, PBX systems and security systems.
- Knowledge of Routers, Switches, Firewalls & Servers are mandatory.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Keep an eye on needed updates
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Resolve problems reported by end user
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
- ISP and vendor co-ordination for ensure the Business up-time.
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Hands on experience in networking, routing, and switching (L1, L2, L3, routing protocol, etc.)
- Firewall operation like web filter, Bandwidth management, and implementation of the UTM features.,
- Wireless configuration and implementation experience
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPNs remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure hardware (Switches, Routers).
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Hands on experience with CISCO VoIP/Polycom and other systems etc