Full Stack Developer
WadzPay is a FinTech startup developing a digital currency payments platform that leverages Blockchain technology. We aim to drive financial inclusion and improve the lives of underbanked and unbanked consumers and merchants while leading the charge in the digital payments revolution.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys the challenge of complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. Above all else, the successful candidate will be a passionate builder of talent and teams.
In this role as a member of the development team your day to day focus is on being a highly effective full stack developer to produce scalable software solutions and be part of a crossfunctional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a full-stack developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
Ideally, you will have experience and expertise in Blockchain and/or Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) technologies, to guide the design of our platform to use state-of-the-art technology.
You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be highly available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats.
- Work closely with technical leads, development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Contribute to establishing data acquisition and retention policies
- Contribute to design machine learning and natural language processing approaches tomine our data and generate value for the end-users
- Write effective APIs
- Build robust test frame to ensure software remains responsiveness and efficient
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Excellent understanding of and experience cloud-native architectures, frameworks, applications and API/microservices, IaaS, PaaS and Cloud technologies, emerging technologies, and the ability to drive technology innovations
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
- DevOps experience – Core understanding of and experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), including exposure to world class system and application monitoring
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- Cloud based stack and multiple products within it including serverless features
- Jenkins/Hashicorp Terraform / Ansible / Docker, Grable, Github, Jira
- Linux, Kotlin, Cloud SQL, Swagger, Redis, Circle CI, Angular, React
- Twilio, SEON, Firebase
- 3-5 years of relevant software experience as a full stack developer
- 3-5 years of experience in multiple technology domains, mobile, desktop
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in payments, financial markets
- BS in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent
- Ideally working experience in AI, ML and blockchain projects
- Familiarity with databases e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Familiar with Smart contracts in solidity or other smart contract virtual machines would be a plus
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
- Background in financial applications
- Experience in prioritizing demands and tight timelines are necessary skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences