Technical Lead - Front End
WadzPay is a FinTech startup developing a digital currency payments platform that leverages Blockchain technology. We aim to drive financial inclusion and improve the lives of underbanked and unbanked consumers and merchants while leading the charge in the digital payments revolution.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys the challenge of complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. Above all else, the successful candidate will be a passionate builder of talent and teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day to day management for a team of software developers focus on front end technologies, plus mentoring and coaching the team to create world-class finance systems that support WadzPay’s global footprint.
You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be highly available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats.
As a technical lead, you will drive software developer using agile processes / methods and best of breed tools. Collaborate with the architecture and engineering teams and follow our design choices and invent new features. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture, and project delivery. Successful candidates will be highbandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves. You will be accountable for driving the entire product life-cycle, from platform product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance and launch to the world.
You will be accountable for meeting project timelines and plans for the entire product lifecycle. Based on interaction with the CTO, Product Heads, head of engineering & architecture you need to ensure that the resources within your team effectively work towards this plan and drive the platform definition through specification, design, quality assurance and launch to the world.
- Be part of the hiring process to build and nurture a team of software developers
- Shape team goals by developing a deep understanding of our customer's business processes and success criteria
- Be capable of balancing short term tactical demands and strategic commitments
- Work closely with the architecture team and develop the best technical design and approach to solve complex problems
- Effectively partner with engineering and non-engineering groups across the organization to deliver approaches to solve complex problems and drive best outcomes for customers’
- Excellent understanding of and experience cloud-native architectures, frameworks, applications and API/microservices, IaaS, PaaS and Cloud technologies, emerging technologies, and the ability to drive technology innovations
- Solid management, leadership, problem solving, motivational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Develop and execute a long-term engineering outlook for the platform & products, while balancing short term commitments
- DevOps experience – Core understanding of and experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), including exposure to world class system and application monitoring
- Good project management skills (understanding processes and planning
- A strong data and metrics-driven approach to team performance management
- Solid understanding of design and development methods and processes
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- Cloud based stack and multiple products within it including serverless features
- Jenkins/Hashicorp Terraform / Ansible / Docker, Grable, Github, Jira
- Linux, Kotlin, Cloud SQL, Swagger, Redis, Circle CI, Angular, React
- Twilio, SEON, Firebase
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience in multiple technology domains
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in payments, financial markets
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing software developers
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- BS in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent
- + years of industry experience in infrastructure and software engineering
- Experience with architecture best practices, object-oriented design and languages
- Experience engineering systems on hyperscaler cloud platforms a strong plus
- Experience supporting Financial Systems is a plus
- Experience with Big Data Engineering and Analytics is a plus
- MS in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
- A solid understanding of security and networking for cloud
- Experience with UI/UX tools and methods
- Experience with full stack development
- Understanding of Big Data technologies
- Background in financial applications
- Experience prioritizing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences