WadzPay is a FinTech startup developing a digital currency payments platform that leverages Blockchain technology. We aim to drive financial inclusion and improve the lives of underbanked and unbanked consumers and merchants while leading the charge in the digital payments revolution.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys the challenge of complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. Above all else, the successful candidate will be a passionate builder of talent and teams.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day to day management for a team of software developers focus on front end technologies, plus mentoring and coaching the team to create world-class finance systems that support WadzPay’s global footprint.
You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be highly available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats.
As a technical lead, you will drive software developer using agile processes / methods and best of breed tools. Collaborate with the architecture and engineering teams and follow our design choices and invent new features. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture, and project delivery. Successful candidates will be highbandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves. You will be accountable for driving the entire product life-cycle, from platform product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance and launch to the world.
You will be accountable for meeting project timelines and plans for the entire product lifecycle. Based on interaction with the CTO, Product Heads, head of engineering & architecture you need to ensure that the resources within your team effectively work towards this plan and drive the platform definition through specification, design, quality assurance and launch to the world.
Be The right candidate has at least 2 - 4 years of working experience, enthusiastic, smartable to focus and work collaboratively within the WadzPay team.
- Excellent experience in blockchain projects with 2-4 years in project out of sandbox
- Be capable of balancing short term tactical demands and strategic commitments
- Work closely with the architecture team and develop the best technical design and approach to solve complex problems
- Effectively partner with engineering and non-engineering groups across the organization to deliver approaches to solve complex problems and drive best outcomes for customers’
- Solid understanding of cloud-native architectures / technologies and emerging technologies, security measures to protect against cyber-attacks
- DevOps experience – Core understanding of and experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD), including exposure to world class system and application monitoring
- Solid understanding of design and development methods and processes
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- Cloud based stack and multiple products within it including serverless features
- Jenkins/Hashicorp Terraform / Ansible / Docker, Grable, Github, Jira
- Linux, Kotlin, Cloud SQL, Swagger, Redis, Circle CI, Angular, React
- Twilio, SEON, Firebase
- 3-5 years of relevant software engineering experience – blockchain
- 3+ years of experience in multiple technology domains
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience in payments, financial markets
- BS in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent
- Experience with architecture best practices, object-oriented design and languages
- Experience engineering systems on hyperscaler cloud platforms a strong plus
- Experience in payments and Financial Systems
- MS in Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- A real plus is understanding of security and networking for cloud
- Experience prioritizing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences